Cut-off Date: 25 May 2000
Number of Burials: 304
Volunteers: Clara Duer, Don Erickson, Berthe Given, Jim Laushine, Bev Millett, J Richards, Linda Vixie, Rusty Winters
Special Thanks: Dick Ayer
Eastonville Cemetery is located in Black Forest, at the northeast corner of Meridian and Latigo roads. From Colorado Springs, take Woodmen Road east to Meridian Road. Turn left and proceed approximately five miles. Turn right onto Latigo Boulevard and the entrance to the cemetery is on the north side of the road. According to GPS-derived geolocation (accurate to within 10 meters), the cemetery's coordinates are latitude 39°00'43.2"N and longitude 104°36'39.0"W.
The east part of this community cemetery is in the open, and the west side, where most of the markers are, is shaded by pine trees. The ground is carpeted with pine needles, pine cones, wildflowers, and natural grasses. The entrance archway indicates the cemetery was established in 1865, but the earliest marked burial, that of baby Willie Musser, is dated 1886. There are scores of unmarked graves. The caretaker is Dick Ayer, 12558 Meridian Road, Elbert, CO 80106. The Eastonville Homemakers Club has placed crosses by most graves and also looks after the cemetery.
The PPGS volunteers did not have access to maps or sexton records, so row and plot numbers were estimated. Some rows aren't straight, so the numbering system isn't perfect, but the relative locations are close.
Eastonville Cemetery data (by plot)
Eastonville Cemetery map